Greater Victoria Region
We Value Victoria & South Vancouver Island
Niemi LaPorte & Dowle Appraisals is your local Victoria Real Estate Appraisal company. Our Victoria offices serve southern Vancouver Island, including Greater Victoria (Victoria, Oak Bay, Saanich, Esquimalt, View Royal), the Saanich Peninsula ( Brentwood Bay, Saanichton, Sidney, North Saanich), the Westshore (Langford, Colwood, Metchosin, Highlands, Sooke and beyond, including Jordan River and Port Renfrew), and the southern Cowichan Valley (Malahat, Mill Bay, Shawnigan Lake, Cobble Hill).
Links to local municipal websites:
- View the Victoria municipal website
- View the Oak Bay municipal website
- View the Saanich municipal website
- View the Esquimalt municipal website
- View the View Royal municipal website
- View the Sooke municipal website
- View the Highlands municipal website
- View the Colwood municipal website
- View the Langford municipal website
- View the Metchosin municipal website
- View the District of North Saanich website
- View the Town of Sidney website
- View the District of Central Saanich website
- View the Cowichan Valley Regional District website
Local Community Profiles
The Greater Victoria/South Vancouver Island region is located towards the southern tip of Vancouver Island. The City of Victoria is the Capital of British Columbia, and has a population of approximately 78,000, with the metropolitan area of Greater Victoria having a population of approximately 330,000. This region forms part of the Capital Regional District (CRD), which as of the 2006 census, had a population of 345,164. In addition to 13 municipalities of Greater Victoria, the CRD also encompasses the Juan de Fuca, the Salt Spring Island, and the Southern Gulf Islands Electoral Areas.
British settlement in the Victoria region began in 1841 (incorporation in 1862), with Victoria becoming home to BC’s Legislative Assembly upon completion of the Parliament Buildings in 1897. With a relatively mild climate, the Victoria region is a popular home to many retirees, as well as being a thriving tourism destination. In addition to significant government employment, the region includes significant post‐secondary education services with the University of Victoria, Camosun College, and Royal Roads University. Esquimalt is home to the Canadian Forces Base CFB Esquimalt, which included the Canadian Forces Marine Command.
For all of your Greater Victoria/South Vancouver Island appraisal needs, contact Niemi LaPorte & Dowle Appraisals.